Mentors: Cynthia Rempel is interested in mentoring a student in this
Status: Some work done.
Introduction: Networked devices are increasingly important, and we should make development of networked applications an easier and more satisfying user experience.
- HTTPD: See past work on OpenSSL, Simple_HTTPD, and the osmonweb.git and network-demos.git repositories.
- OpenLDAP slapd server
The fields in this table are as follows:
- Project - name of project with hyperlink to it.
- License - software license used. May need to link to license text if dual-licensed or "other".
- Language - what programming language is this written in?
- Active - is the project active?
- OK w/RTEMS Static - Is the license compatible with a statically linked proprietary RTEMS application?
- OK w/RTEMS Technical - Does the code appear to be feasible to run on RTEMS? Does the code make assumptions that would render it unable to run on RTEMS?
- Notes - Anything else
|Candidate||License||Language||Active||OK w/RTEMS Static||OK w/RTEMS Technical||Notes|
|OpenLDAP slapd server||OpenLDAP Public License 2.4.33||C||2012-10-10/2013-01-11||TBD||None|
We will need to investigate what are viable and license-compliant solutions.
Goal: Create a package that allows for users to add network services to use with their application. The network services must comply with the RTEMS license.
Requirements: This project is mainly about integrating another project with RTEMS. Familiarity with RTEMS build system, cross-compilation, the ability to create good documentation, and some knowledge of network programming are all must-haves.
As the project progresses, you will need to add build instructions, etc and this page will evolve from a project description into a HOWTO.
Other sections: If you have more to say about the project that doesn't fit in the proposed sections of this template, feel free to add other sections at will.