WARNING: Please ask for detailed information on the particular BSP/simulator combination you are interested in. There are lots of combinations available and the status changes frequently.
See the GNU Tools Testing project for information on which targets need simulator BSPs to aid in tool testing.
There are a variety of potential projects listed on the Emulator and SkyEye pages. Some of these involve addressing issues in the simulator itself. Others involve developing BSPs for specific simulators. This is an important area of work since any target that can be tested easily and in an automated fashion on a simulator is always in better shape. Here is a list of BSPs on simulators that are currently thought to be of high interest because they would add significantly to our testing infrastructure:
- a BSP for the ARM Beagle Board as simulated by QEMU (cheap board)
- a BSP for a QEMU SuperH target
- a BSP for a QEMU Coldfire target
- uc5282 support exists but needs to be merged into QEMU main source
- make a mc5206 configuration work with our BSP
- a BSP for SkyEye edp9312 target configured to match the < USD200 Olimex board.
Where available please include support for networking and graphics. The RTEMS Project uses simulators for automated testing as well as for manual testing of features like graphics and network application behavior. Full featured simulator BSPs make this much easier. It also provides more BSPs which anyone on the project has access to free with no need for special hardware to be purchased.