[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Which flavor of Linux for RTEMS S/W developemnt ( was Re: MVME5500 Tester Needed for 4.10)
- Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:35:56 -0400
- From: gedare at gwmail.gwu.edu (Gedare Bloom)
- Subject: Which flavor of Linux for RTEMS S/W developemnt ( was Re: MVME5500 Tester Needed for 4.10)
This argument is a little too opinionated. I will state a few points and retire:
1) Currently supported Fedora versions are preferable for RTEMS
development with CVS head.
2) Any other distro can suffice for released RTEMS versions,
assuming you can build the RTEMS tools.
On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Daron Chabot <daron.chabot at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org>
>> On 03/16/2011 04:45 PM, Daron Chabot wrote:
>>> Hi Kate,
>>> There are Debian packages available for rtems-4.9.4 and soon for 4.10.
>> You forgot to mention:
>> * Inoffical and unsupported packages
> If "unofficial" means, "not distributed from www.rtems.org", then sure. But,
> it is hardly unsupported...
>> * No rtems-4.11 => unsuiteable for development.
> That could be provided too. Has not been much demand for that as yet.
> rtems-users mailing list
> rtems-users at rtems.org