GRMON load question

Hi All

I?m developing for  an Aeroflex Gaisler LEON3 processor that is running on a Pender GR-CPCI-AX2000 development board using RTEMS.

I use the following statement to compile my source code : sparc-rtems-gcc -O2 -g sourcecode.c -o outputexecutable.exe

This produces a file that is around 2,3MB is size. Yet, when I try uploading the file using GRMON (using the 'load' command), it only uploads about 157KB. Why the difference in size?  Is the remaining 2,1MB superfluous somehow?

Thanks in advance,

Lee Matthews