RAWish terminal settings in shell

On Mar 9, 2011, at 4:24 , Chris Johns wrote:

> Yes. I am not opposed to setting the terminal to the original setting
> before calling the command. As stated the concern is breaking existing
> tested commands that happen to work because of the current settings.

Take a look at the shell loop - it sets the rawish settings before calling the user-hook, it overwrites the normal settings (and then restores them when the command returns).  The thing that's odd is the shell puts the input in a half-baked mode: No echo, no CR translation, no EOF, but still record oriented.  That's an unusual mode, code that requires that should set it itself.

I'll look at it as I have time over the next week.

Peter
Peter Dufault