[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
MPCI layer problems
- Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 16:58:51 +0200
- From: ruppe at kth.se (Roger Dahlkvist)
- Subject: MPCI layer problems
When I try to create a global object, the rtems_multiprocessing_announce directive fail and system hang.
I'm using a homogeneous system with two Nios II processors and I have verified that the interprocessor communication works properly and that there are enough packet buffers available.
When tracing what happens, this is what I see on the different nodes.
* During initialization all nodes go thru the MPCI routines initialization, get_packet and send_packet.
* The new message is detected ?n the respective node and rtems_multiprocessing_announce is called and as part of that the receive_packet and return_packet routines are called aswell.
* I create a global message que on node 1 and this causes get_packet and then send_packet to be called.
* On node 2 the system hang directly when the new message is detected and rtems_multiprocessing_announce is called. !?!?!
I've looked at the documentation and tried everything I can think of, but still no luck. What have I forgotten?
Any ideas on what might be causing this are very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.