[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
i got error with runing ticker.exe from Quick Start
- Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 04:57:05 +0100
- From: ralf.corsepius at rtems.org (Ralf Corsepius)
- Subject: i got error with runing ticker.exe from Quick Start
Daron Chabot wrote:
> Don't shoot the messenger... :-)
It wasn't meant this way.
IMO, it's simply that the OP chose to import/convert a set of rpms which
is incompatible to his OS, rsp. that his installation might be
incomplete (e.g. missing a package)
> I don't think Ubuntu Intrepid (8.10) has this problem: Konstantin,
> what version of ubuntu are you using ?
A quick check through the rpms tells:
* The only packages, which are linked against libexpat are the gdbs.
Neither GCC nor binutils are linked against libexpat.
* Fedora 9/10 and SuSE-10.3 compiled gdbs use libexpat.so.1, while
CentOS 4/5 compiled gdbs use libexpat.so.0
=> Presuming the hosting Debian/Ubuntu distros are packaged correctly,
- on Debian/Ubuntu distros providing libexpat.so.0, the candidate set of
rpms to convert to deb would be CentOS* compiled rpms.
- on Debian/Ubuntu distros providing libexpat.so.1, the candidate set of
rpms to convert to deb would be Fedora* compiled rpms.