4.9.0 with shell via telnetd - new telnetd issue - SOLVED

Robert S. Grimes wrote:

> P.S. This shell is great!  Why didn't I realize it was around sooner?  I
> had been using the RTEMS monitor - is that a precursor?

A cousin.  But we are trying to merge and share overlapping
functionality

The shell has been there a long time but between 4.8 and 4.9
Chris Johns and myself spent a LOT of time improving it and
adding commands.  I also wrote the manual.

Commands are easy to add and easy to improve.  If you
have an idea, run with it.

Some interesting features:

+ prompt is generated by a method that you as a user
   can replace.  This means you can put current application
   information, etc in it.
+ command set is configurable and extensible so you
   can turn it into a very application specific diagnostic
+ telnet and serial accessible
+ Scripts (no logic yet) are supported.
+You can mount filesystems.
+ Some commands are from BSD.