[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
MPC5200 RTEMS Tick
- Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:56:03 -0800
- From: syuen at topcon.com (Simon Yuen)
- Subject: MPC5200 RTEMS Tick
I am a newbie to RTEMS and the MPC5200. My project requires a timely
periodic task to run every 1ms but I am not sure how to approach this.
Here are a few questions I hope someone can shed some light on.
1) If I set CONFIGURE_MICROSECONDS_PER_TICK to give me a 1ms tick,
how much overhead would this cause to program execution running two
tasks? I like to use the rate monotonic manager to run a task every
2) On the other hand, if RTEMS is servicing ticks at 10ms and I
use an available timer to give me interrupts every 1ms to run an ISR.
How does this periodic interrupt affect task execution since RTEMS needs
to manage this interrupt?
3) Which is the better approach?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...