Re: Cogent 637 board

Camilo Alejandro Arboleda wrote:
I'm using GCC 4.0.0, newlib 1.13. What version should I use? Is there any work-around?

Either downgrade to a 3.x compiler or find out what code is optimized into breaking. So far, it has always been some piece of questionable BSP or driver code that just happened to work with the older compilers.

gcc 4.x is much more agressive with optimization and it takes more perfectly valid optimization opportunities which can break code.

Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com> wrote:

Camilo Alejandro Arboleda wrote:

I'm using RTEMS 4.6.99.2. Network driver is loaded, but it seems to fail in the ISR.

Linux ethernet driver works fine.

I already said that, but I've never worked with ARM before, and I don't know what to look for.

What gcc version are you using? There have been cases with gcc 4.0.x where something got optimized better and no longer works.