Re: Problem building Ada examples

Hi Fred,

If you get something working with Ada and RTEMS make sure that it gets to Joel for inclusion in the baseline. I am interested in using Ada and RTEMS myself.

Thanks,
Chris

Frédéric PRACA wrote:

Selon "Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com>" <joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com>:

If memory serves, there should be a start.o in the same directory as the
bsp_specs and the above linker options are sufficient to find it. Is it
there?

First of all, thank you for such a quick answer.
start.o is in the directory you mentionned.

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
i386-rtems-gnatlink: cannot call
/home/fred/Dev/Audiome/crossCompiler/binaries/bin/i386-rtems-gcc
i386-rtems-gnatmake: *** link failed.
gmake: *** [hello.exe] Erreur 4

Why does ld look for start.o ????

Every program needs start.o which is traditionally known as crt0.o. It
initializes the stack, etc.

Ok, now I begin to understand.

Well, I just rebuilt the whole thing and now it works, I think I forgot
something the first time. I'll try what I compiled with Bochs but it should be
running.

Thanks a lot

Fred