Re: Network compilation problems

Could you share your solution?  It might be useful to someone else.

At 06:53 PM 5/5/2005, Steven Johnson wrote:
Ive solved my own problem.

Sorry about that.
Steven

Steven Johnson wrote:

Hi,

Ive compiled RTEMS 4.6.2 for MPC862 no problems. (Been doing this for a while now).

Ive got my application, which works fine under RTEMS, has been for some years.

Now ive gone to add Ethernet support.

Ive started writing my driver (yes i know one already existis), but trust me, i like writing my own drivers.

Anyway, the problem is i am getting out of the compile:

/opt/rtems-4.6/powerpc-rtems/include/stdlib.h:66: declaration of C function `
 void rtems_bsdnet_free(void*)' conflicts with
mpc8xx-rtems/include/sys/malloc.h:351: previous declaration `
 void rtems_bsdnet_free(void*, int)' here
/opt/rtems-4.6/powerpc-rtems/include/stdlib.h:73: declaration of C function `
 void* rtems_bsdnet_malloc(unsigned int)' conflicts with
mpc8xx-rtems/include/sys/malloc.h:352: previous declaration `
 void* rtems_bsdnet_malloc(long unsigned int, int, int)' here

But if i look in those places, these things arent defined, just malloc.

Why is this happening?

What have i done wrong?

This just looks weird, why would there be two different declarations for malloc?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Steven Johnson

Steve Holle
Link Communications, Inc.