Re: Are PCI bridges automatically configured?

On Feb 25, 2005, at 3:44 PM, Kate Feng wrote:

You did it.
Any PMC device should have firmware to follow the PCI
standard to respond to a PCI  bridge search.  You just enabled
the search by increasing the limit of two.

I don't understand - the device itself can't have the firmware, right? It doesn't know what CPU is doing the searching, and so it can't have what I'd usually consider "firmware". The device can have the info encoded on it for someone to do the searching, and so I'm wondering who did the searching to find the Acromag PMC board.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.