Re: C++ during drivers initialization

Manuel Pedro Coutinho wrote:

Hi

I was hoping that one could use C++ (at least the constructors) during the drivers initialization.

No you can't.

If this isn't possible at this point could anyone tell when it is?

There are no restrictions on what a C++ constructor may do. Many actions are not possible in RTEMS until tasking is enabled. C++ constructors can call blocking actions (file read, semaphore lock,
etc.) so global constructors are run when the first task is executed before control passes to the user code for the thread.

Many Thanks!
Manuel Coutinho

MSN Busca: fácil, rápido, direto ao ponto.  http://search.msn.com.br