Re: No rule to make target `new-exceptions/cpu.c'

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 11:59 -0500, Peter Dufault wrote:

I've gone through the configuration and build on Fedora 3 now as well as FreeBSD. When I try to build psim (or mvme5500, which is what I eventually want to get to) on both systems it eventually stops with:

*** No rule to make target `new-exceptions/cpu.c', needed by `new-exceptions/new_exceptions_rtems_cpu_rel-cpu.o'. Stop.

The configuration I'm using is:

../rtems4.7/configure
--target=powerpc-rtems
--enable-maintainer-mode
--prefix=/opt/rtems-4.7
--disable-posix
--disable-networking
--disable-cxx
--disable-multilib

and the behavior is the same whether I add "--enable-rtemsbsp=psim" or leave it out and do make RTEMS_BSP=psim.

As I already outlined on PM, some exception-related directories have been moved in CVS. Therefore the information you are providing is insufficent to be answered.

Most probably you need to cvs up -dP
./bootstrap -c
./bootstrap

Also, make sure to have the patch attached to PR 546 applied to your
auto, and make sure to have /opt/rtems-4.7/bin at the beginning of your
$PATH.

Why are you still using an automake that is a few verions old?

AFAIK neither 1.8.2 nor 1.9.2 required a patch.

Since there has been a lot of discussion of new-exceptions, can someone verify that psim should build OK if I've got things configured correctly?

Yes, 100s of times.

Double, triple yes. :)

--joel