Re: Error configuring RTEMS 4.7

On Feb 18, 2005, at 9:40 AM, Peter Dufault wrote:

On Feb 18, 2005, at 9:21 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

A bug in gm4, a bug in a freebsd port? This off topic for this list.

As I said, same exact set of tools I used in December, so worth asking on the list. Is there a place that build-runs are archived so I can check that a given CVS snapshot is OK before I ask such an "off topic" question?

It is a bug in m4. I tried the latest. On line 734, src/format.c of GNU m4 1.4.2 it is doing:

sprint(str, fstart, ...

where str is on the stack as char str[256] (yuck) and fstart is "-349%s", so it's writing spaces all over the stack. I don't know why this would be freebsd only.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.