Re: powerpc-rtems-4.7-gcc-4.0 patch commited

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 20:45 +0300, Sergei Organov wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius@rtems.org> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > FYI: I have committed my powerpc RTEMS-gcc multilib patches to GCC's CVS
> > trunk (aka. GCC-4.0).
> >
> > This patch introduces a completely new layout of powerpc multilibs:
> >
> > # powerpc-rtems4.7-gcc --print-multi-lib
> [...]
> > m505;@mcpu=505@mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi@mstrict-align
>
> AFAIK there are no BSPs in the public source-tree that use mpc505 and/or
> mpc509. Seems to be yet another candidate for removal.

As others already said, there is one.

> [...]
> > m603e/mpc8260;@mcpu=603e@Dmpc8260@mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi@mstrict-align
> > m603e/mpc8260/nof;@mcpu=603e@Dmpc8260@msoft-float@mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi@mstrict-align
>
> Just curious: why don't you use
>
> mpc8260;@mcpu=603e@Dmpc8260@mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi@mstrict-align
> mpc8260/nof;@mcpu=603e@Dmpc8260@msoft-float@mrelocatable-lib@mno-eabi@mstrict-align
>
> instead?
Because this is functionally identical to what is used now (All you do
is to move the files) and does not remove these multilibs. However your
proposal is technically more complicated to implement.
I chose to go the easy way.

The key to improve this situation would be to remove the dependencies on
-Dmpc8260 from cpukit - Unfortunately, this is not possible, yet.

Ralf