Re: General Question: Saving Configurations

Paul Whitfield wrote:

Hi All,

I am about to create an application in which I will be
saving configuration details.

The board I am using has flash memory on it, and currently
I am thinking of just saving the configuration into
a section of the flash memory.

I was wondering whether it is worth using some sort of
simple  file system,or if there is a more generic
approach other people have taken.

My board has as flash IDE, so it appears as an IDE. In this case, I save to that. Before the IDE driver was available, I saved my configuration to flash using my I/O card and I2C.

--
Angelo Fraietta

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303