Re: Passing Parameter(s) to tasks/threads

Aaron J. Grier wrote, On 2/11/2005 2:41 PM:

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 07:42:42PM -0500, Smith, Gene wrote:

I need to pass from 0 to 10 integer parameters to my tasks when they
are started with rtems_task_start().

if sizeof(rtems_task_argument) == sizeof(int**) on your target, you can
use explicit casts to convert between the two.

Yes, this does work for me. Possily a kluge but it works!

another way to do would be to pass a message queue ID as an argument, and then have the task read its parameters from that queue.

I might look into this way. Thanks!