Re: task exit

Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com> wrote, On 2/14/2005 2:58 PM:

I didn't see my response on the archives so here it is again:

Classic API tasks returning is considered a fatal error.

POSIX threads may return without problem. If the attach attribute is set correctly, then you may "join" with them when they exit. This is controllable on a per thread basis. If a thread is "detached", then it silently returns.

Thought a task returning was my problem but wasn't. Was just hitting a rtems_panic (I did not see message on console, duh) and stack in debugger showed c_rtems_main() had returned (just like init() looked before I set it to delete itself before it can return). Anyhow, thanks for info on tasks returning.