Re: powerpc altivec support

Sergei Organov wrote:
Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius@rtems.org> writes:

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 20:44 -0800, Till Straumann wrote:

[...]

BTW: mno-eabi probably doesn't really have a great impact as this effectively only changes the stack alignment. The really interesting thing could be enabling both 'meabi' and 'msdata=eabi'. This would improve both, space *and* speed efficiency.

Well, -meabi -msdata=eabi (as well as -msdata=default) combination is
broken in gcc 3.x.

Oops - could you please explain what exactly is broken?

-- T.

That's why I still use 2.95. The related bug report
has been closed for gcc 4.0 so maybe they indeed fixed it there, -- I
didn't try yet.