[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 12:25:43 +0200
- From: ralf_corsepius at rtems.org (Ralf Corsepius)
- Subject: newlib 1.12
On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 12:55, Sebastian Fischmeister wrote:
> Did anyone manage to port the newlib-rtems patch to version 1.12?
Porting? Newlib is supposed to support RTEMS "out of the box", without
Most of the patches to newlib-1.11.0 the current RTEMS toolchains are
using are either very target specific additions, backports from 1.12.0
or adaptations to newer RTEMS.
Merging them into newlib-1.12.0 is trivial.
> I need
> some features of version 1.12
Which? I am not aware about any substantial changes to newlib.
> and thus I could re-use this patch.
As I said above, adapting the RTEMS newlib-1.11.0 patches to
newlib-1.12.0 and building the toolchains with newlib-1.12.0 should be
trivial, but ...
* In general, new releases of newlib tend to break RTEMS subtly.
* Until now, I am not aware of anybody actually having tried
- newlib 1.12
- From: joel.sherrill at OARcorp.com (Joel Sherrill)