[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Multiple dec21140 cards?
- Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:08:18 -0800
- From: strauman at SLAC.Stanford.EDU (Till Straumann)
- Subject: Multiple dec21140 cards?
That's a piece of cake - the driver is reentrant.
1) increase NDECDRIVER
2) enhance the 'driver_attach()' routine to support
a) extract instance number from the configuration
a la libchip/if_fxp.c
b) change the call to pcib_find_by_devid (as a courtesy
to x86 users) using the instance number (minus one)
c) on __PPC, eliminate the PCI scanning loops and
replace them with a call to BSP_pciFindDevice()
who also takes a 'instance' argument (use your
instance number minus one)
3) modify the ISR so it figures out what device to serve
4) submit your modifications :-)
gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:
> I'm using a MCP750 with the onboard dec21140 as dc1, I have a 2nd dec
> board on the backplane that I'd like to use as dc2. The dec driver
> indicates it only supports 1 board. Does anyone have any thoughts on
> how it might be modified to support more boards?