[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Passing vector number (was Re: API modification request)
- Date: 04 Feb 2003 17:25:18 +0300
- From: osv at javad.ru (Sergei Organov)
- Subject: Passing vector number (was Re: API modification request)
Eric Valette <eric.valette at free.fr> writes:
> Sergei Organov wrote:
> > Please keep in mind that unfortunately you don't see all the code. There
> > could be proprietary code that relies on features you change...
> Using such argument, you will never change anything.
No. It only implies that one should better think "I better don't change this
unless I have valuable reasons to" instead of "Why don't change this if
nobody seems to use it anyway?".
> I think on the contrary that people not submitting their code/improvement
> should be biten as hard as possible so that next time they submit (at least
> part of) their code :-)
1. There is very small reason to submit a code if it will only run on a
proprietary hardware that nobody can get anyway.
2. Company policy may prevent submission. Most probably poor programmer bitten
by you hadn't established the policy :-(