[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Default POSIX thread attributes?
- Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:23:45 +0000
- From: vnesic at dkts.co.yu (Vladimir Nesic)
- Subject: Default POSIX thread attributes?
Current implementation of pthreads has a strange default attribute set,
which is not documented, and it took me almost a whole month to find
out why an app that worked on Linux stopped working on RTEMS.
My objections are:
1) Initial stack size is calculated from the CPU_STACK_MINIMUM_SIZE,
defined in cpu.h, and the there is no way to override it via confdef.h
macros, but must be explicitely requested for every new thread.
2) Default scheduler is SCHED_FIFO, which means that threads are started
at sorpriseingly high priority.
3) Scheduler and priority are inheritied by default, instead of set to
default value, which ever default vaule is.
The question is:
Can this be changed before the new release?