addition of RTEMS configure options

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 14:51, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Am Die, 2003-02-11 um 15.04 schrieb Salman:
> > I'm having a bit of trouble implementing --enable-sci option into rtems.
> Well, I am not sure what you are trying to do, but AFAIU you actually
> want to a driver or similar to a family of BSPs or your BSP.
>
> Therefore your question is hard to answer, because the answer depends on
> what you actually want to do.
>
> For now I assume you want to an optional "sci driver" to the pc386 BSP.
>
> The standard procedure for this is
>
> 1. to copy your driver's code into a subdirectory of
> c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/pc386/,
> 2. add a Makefile.am to this new directory.
> 3. reflect your changes to the corresponding configure.ac
> (c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/pc386/configure.ac) and this BSP's main
> Makefile.am (c/src/lib/libbsp/i386/Makefile.am)
> 4. Add appropriate configure options to the BSP's configure.ac.
> 5. reflect your changes to the BSP's wrapup/Makefile.am

thanks Ralf,

I was missing an option in i386/pc386/configure.in

damn, this RTEMS is developing so fast. no more signs of configure.in in
snapshots anymore.

May I know how do the developers keep their working rtems platform
up-to-date with other developers?
do you use patches to update your snapshots? or is there an rtems CVS
server around?

I'm coding on rtems-4.5.0 using CVS, considering the major changes made
to rtems since then, whats the easiest way for me to migrate my platform
to latest rtems snapshot?

Salman