User or Supervisor

Hello RTEMS-gen68360 users,
I here have a strange question. Does the CPU-context_switch need to be run in Supervisor-mode or can it be run in user-mode as well. It looks like my system has trouble with this. Is traps to an interupt when the instruction movew d1,sr is executed. This is in the one in the m68k-BSP shared code.
My situation:
I use rtems-4.5.0 and a modified version of the gen68360-BSP
Tool-chain nicely provided by OAR (thanks a LOT!)
The board loads the code (hello.exe) via a propriety TFTP-client into memory starting at 0x408000 and starts executing it.

Thanks for any help,
Gerke Kok