Memory leak when using GoAhead webserver.

> On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 01:37:04PM -0000, Nick.SIMON at syntegra.bt.co.uk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm experiencing loss of heap when retrieving pages from webserver, about
> > 500 bytes a time.  As the NT test version also has goahead, and doesn't lose
> > heap, I suspect IMFS (where html files are kept) or possibly sockets.  I'll
> > do some tests to isolate this when I can get to a target but, in the
> > meantime, has anyone any knowledge of this?
> >
> > I'm using 4.5.0 beta3a with both standard and snapshot 20001219 versions of
> > GoAhead.

The memory leak is not likely from the BSD socket layer itself since
that code allocates all its heap memory at configuration time and then
handles memory allocation itself from within that pool.

Eric Norum                                 eric.norum at usask.ca
Department of Electrical Engineering       Phone: (306) 966-5394
University of Saskatchewan                 FAX:   (306) 966-5407
Saskatoon, Canada.