Anybody using Windows 98 for RTEMS GNU tools?

Good day,

The getting started .pdf manual states that Windows 95 is not suitable for
compiling and debugging RTEMS in Cygwin...  Since the document is quite old
- I was wondering if this is still true?  I am using Windows '98 and would
like to use it just to get started with RTEMS until I install Mandrake 7.2
(think this is a good choice?) ...  I would still like to use Windows '98
for other work (can't dual boot all the time)...

Is anybody successfull using all the GNU tools in Windows 98 for RTEMS?
Can you please give me tips for getting started - had problems with
Cygwin...

thanks

Maarten Kruger