cygwin target to try

OK. I am at home trying to get cygwin working on my win95 setup
at home. The previous problems reported were on a nt 4.0 box.
This is MUCH slower than linux on the same machine!

I have cygwin working natively.  I have followed david's instructions
and now have perl, autoconf, and automake updated.  I am downloading
the rtems tools (gcc, newlib, binutils, etc) now.

1.  After I apply the patches, do I just use the same build scripts
    (bit, bit_gdb, etc)?

2.  I would like to build sparc or powerpc since a simulator is
included.
    Does anyone have experience with either on cygwin they want to
share?
    I don't want to run into unnecessary trouble. :)

Thanks.