Directories

  After many days, I've succeeded in getting the sample RTEMS tasks running
on an in-house board using the efi332 BSP as a starting point.  Differences
between my boards and the efi332 hardware include lack of a monitor to
load the RTEMS objects, memory map and the basic differences between
the MC68332 and MC68331.

  The final step in my quest is to take a codeset which I'd previously
created and convert it into RTEMS tasks.  This code was linked with
newlib for I/O services using low-level I/O calls to functions I
created (inbyte and outbyte and their associated interrupt handlers).
There are some differences in register references which I'll need to
change in my code as well, but overall I don't expect too much trouble.

  I'm wondering where the top level directory for my code is best
located.  I presume it ought to go into the "tools/rtems-4.0.0"
hierarchy; offhand, it appears logically to fit at the "c/src"
level.  My code is structured currently with a top level directory
containing no source files (but with a Makefile), under which is
one level of directories with source files, each with its own
Makefile, and a single "include" directory containing only header
files.  This fits into the RTEMS directory structure described in
"make/README", except that I need to convert each "Makefile" to
"Makefile.in".

  What are others doing when creating actual application tasks?
If the better solution is to build my application outside the
RTEMS hierarchy, what would I need to change to build everything
using the "bit_rtems" script?  Within the hierarchy, it seems the
only existing file I'd need to change would be to
"rtems-4.0.0/c/src/Makefile.in".

  Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

					-- Mike Collins --