Problems with Cygwin and RTEMS

-----Original Message-----
From: silverio.di [mailto:silverio.di at qem.it]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 1999 5:31 AM
To: RTEMS List
Subject: Problems with Cygwin and RTEMS

Hi,
after too much hours, without results, spent to make RTEMS under W95 Host I
leave all for its major brother NT4 service 4.
?
1) binutils ok and work very well..... Wonderful !
2) egcs & newlib ok and works very well..... Wonderful !
?
Then,
when I try to make a RTEMS S0 the DOS window with bash always crash her. ...

Silverio, and RTEMS-discuss members-
?
On my system, this happens at points in the 'configure' script where a
cross-compiled example is launched to see whether it will run, and therefore
whether the compiler in question is a cross- or native-compiler. Not only
does the test executable fail, it hangs the shell, which hangs the window
widget. $%! I _know_ it is a cross-compiler, so I patched the configure
script to set that result without running the abortive test. (Closer
comparison with GNU-tools scripts might suggest a substitute script
formulation, but I didn't pursue it.)
?
Having got through that (in WinNT-4.0), I still found my 'make' unable to
recurse into the directory tree. (1) Has anyone else encountered this? (2)
If so, have you resolved it?
?
Thanks, and sorry for any residual MSWin-formatting in this reply -
?
? John Mills, Sr. Software Engineer
? TGA Technologies, Inc.
? 100 Pinnacle Way, Suite 140