rtems-gcc linker warnings

Hi,

With some-rtems toolschains, freshly build from binutils-2.9.1.0.25,
newlib-1.8.1 and egcs-1.1.2, all with latest rtems-patches applied, I
get linker warnings when linking an empty main function:

#cat hello.c
int main( )
{
  return 1;
}

#i386-rtems-gcc -Wall -o hello hello.c
/opt/rtems/i386-rtems/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start;
defaulting to 08048084
#hppa1.1-rtems-gcc -Wall -o hello hello.c
/opt/rtems/hppa1.1-rtems/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol
$START$; defaulting to 00002000
#sparc-rtems-gcc -Wall -o hello hello.c
/opt/rtems/sparc-rtems/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start;
defaulting to 00010090
#mips64orion-rtems-gcc -Wall -o hello hello.c
/opt/rtems/mips64orion-rtems/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol
_start; defaulting to 0000000000400020

#sh-rtems-gcc -Wall -o hello hello.c
#m68k-rtems-gcc -Wall -o hello hello.c
#i960-rtems-gcc -Wall -o hello hello.c

Note: This happens without having rtems installed and therefore also
happens silently during the configuration of  RTEMS when bootrapping
RTEMS (cf. rtems/config.log) and can potentially affect configure script
checks (Though I did not notice any, yet).

AFAIS all compilers not showing this problem are COFF, while all other
seem to be ELF. Therefore I guess that this might be related to the
switch to elf (newlib + crt0 ?).

Ralf.