Directory c/src/exec/score/cpu/powerpc/wrap must be deleted

   Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:02:36 +0200
   From: Ralf Corsepius <corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de>

   The c/src/exec/score/cpu/<cpu> directories are both include and source
   directories. This is not yet exploited, but plans are to pass these
   directories to the compiler directly ( $(CC)
   -I$(PROJECT_ROOT)/c/src/score/cpu/$(RTEMS_CPU)), instead of copying them
   to a temporary installation directory (make preinstall)

I don't know whether this has any particular bearing on this, but I'd
like to repeat that it is quite useful to be able to build in a
sibling directory to RTEMS, rather than following the model of
building RTEMS and installing it.

Building and installing is the right model when using some sort of
standard demo board.  In our code, however, we sometimes patch RTEMS
and we sometimes patch our application code.  There is no strong
distinction between the two.  We build all the code that runs on the
board at the same time in a single make.

I expect this is a fairly common way of using RTEMS, or any RTOS, in
practice.  I think it should remain possible to use RTEMS in this way.

Ian