Changes in mkdir definition cause problems

Ralf> VALETTE Eric wrote:
>> Previously MKDIR was defined as "/bin/mkdir -p"
>> now MKDIR is defined as "/bin/mkdir"
>>
>> Causing every Makefile that contains $(MKDIR) to fail.

Ralf> AFAIS, only the mcp750 BSP is affected :-.

>> What is the rationale for the change and what is the correct
>> way to make it?

Ralf> The rationale behind is further adaptation to automake standards:
Ralf> automake uses mkinstalldirs for "recursive mkdir" and "mkdir" for
Ralf> "non-recursive mkdir", because mkdir -p and mkdir -m XXX are not
Ralf> portable. Therefore the checks for mkdir -p, which we had in
Ralf> configure.in  and aclocal/mkdir.m4 until recently, now have been deleted
Ralf> and places where $(MKDIR) had been used before, have been replaced with
Ralf> either mkinstalldirs or mkdir.

If you use mkdir, then the second compilation will fail because the directory
exists which is a pain...

--  eric