Tool Targets

Given the movement in tool targets lately, I put together a list of what
is going to be there and status information.  I am including it and
posting it for comments.  I think I have done as much as I can with the
transition to ELF using current public releases of the tools.  I may go
ahead and try to get the m68k transitioned to elf in gcc 2.95 but the i960
will have to wait.

Anyway, here it is.. comments appeciated:

#
#  $Id: TOOL_TARGETS,v 1.1 1999/07/03 16:08:21 joel Exp $
#

The following are targets for the GNU tools (egcs, binutils, newlib, and gdb)
that are for RTEMS, their object format, and status notes

hppa:
	hppa1.1-rtems		ELF

i386:
	i386-rtems		ELF
	i386-rtemself		ELF
	i386-rtemscoff		COFF		Obsoleted
	i386-go32-rtems		COFF		Obsoleted

i960:
	i960-rtems		COFF		Switch to ELF when possible
	i960-rtemscoff		COFF
	i960-rtemself		ELF		Not currently in any tools

	NOTE: i960-elf is in post binutils 2.9.1 snapshots.

m68k:
	m68k-rtems		COFF		Switch to ELF when possible
	m68k-rtemscoff		COFF
	m68k-rtemself		ELF		Not in all tools

	NOTE: m68k-elf is in post egcs 1.1.2 snapshots.

mips:
	mips*-rtems		ELF		Big endian
	mips*el-rtems		ELF		Little endian

	NOTE: Little endian configuration is not in all tools and
	      is untested for RTEMS itself.

powerpc:
	powerpc-rtems		ELF
	powerpcle-rtems		ELF		Little endian

	NOTE: Little endian configuration is not in all tools and
	      is untested for RTEMS itself.

sh:
	sh-rtems		COFF
	sh-rtemscoff		COFF
	sh-rtemself		ELF

	NOTE:  ELF is not completely stable for SH yet.

sparc:
	sparc-rtems		ELF
	sparc-rtemself		ELF
	sparc-rtemsaout		A.OUT