Q: Adding WDT support.

I have the pc386 BSP running on an ACER PIA-632.  This uses a 386sx-40
clone chip.  It is an embeddable device, that sits in an ISA backplane,
and has floppy and hd controller ports among other things.  It uses the
AMI bios, and is completely PC compatible ( as far as I can tell ).

It does however, include a watchdog timer ( WDT ) , which makes it
different from a PC.  The WDT
is supposed to be initialized at the beginning of the application code
proper, and reset periodically during the application. It is required
ONLY by the application.

My question is:

Where should I locate the WDT control source code?  It does not belong
in the pc386 BSP, as the existence of the WDT is specific to the
acer-pia-632.  It seems silly to copy the pc386 BSP code just to make
another BSP that includes the WDT control library -- as applications may
not even use the WDT!

Should a new BSP be created, or should  the optional WDT control library
be included with pc386?