pc386 output not valid

   Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:23:20 -0500
   From: ccaudle <ccaudle at pdq.net>

   > Original Message From "erik.ivanenko" <erik.ivanenko at utoronto.ca>
   >  Apparently, ELF is supported by grub ONLY if the kernel uses MULTIBOOT
   >( whatever that is ).

   See the multi-boot proposal at:
   http://www.uruk.org/grub/boot-proposal.html

   Basically, the file just needs an extra header which tells the loader where
   the start of the text and data segments are.
   I'm not completely familiar with the GNU tools.  Is this something the linker
   could be forced to do through link script changes?

I took a quick look at that web site, and I believe the necessary
information could be generated via a linker script.

On the other hand, it should be possible to make GRUB recognize ELF
files even if they aren't multiboot files.

Ian