pc386 output not valid

VALETTE Eric wrote:

> >> Since I started using RTEMS, I never got this to work.
> >> The way I use to boot RTEMS on my target ( PC ) is NETBOOT.
> >> i386-coff stuff works fine with GRUB. Although, I have given up ot it,
>
> Chris> Has anyone contacted the guy who wrote GrUB?  The web page lists it as:
> Chris> erich at uruk.org
>
> I emailled him about ten times to suggest fixes. I'm seen other
> complaining that he does not answer. I looked at the last sources
> in order to try to add ELF loading : with the enhanced 16 bit code
> support, it doesn't compile anymore and worse, even if it does
> the code would be wrong.

Are you looking at 0.4 or 0.5.?  0.5 simply goes into an infinite reset loop.
0.4 was the only one I've ever managed to get going, with an older COFF.
Unfortunately, the current COFF support ( w/ executable created via objcopy )
also fails.  GRUB is completely dead as far as I can tell.

I need GRUB ( or some other disk bootloader ) to boot non-networked RTEMS systems
on commercial hardware.  I would be willing to attempt the port to GNU tools
myself -- but I am very unfamiliar with bootloaders.