Problem with partial linking (.rel)

Using the h8 toolchain, trying to link with the libraries and .rel libs
causes ld (collect2:) to exit with a seg fault and fails to resolve the
symbols (unix/posix works fine in this regard so I suspect the toolchain)

I have changed the build to generate standard libraries with AR and all is
well (almost). Regardless of including the no-*.rel stubs, the linker
always pulls the code from librtems and thus includes all managers even if
not needed. I assume this is why the partial linking was done in the first
place.

Any ideas on how to get the no-*.rel libraries to be searched ahead of
librtems? ( given that this gcc is currently broke with partial libs)

Thanks