IEEE and m68k-rtems-objcopy

   From: "Andrew Bythell" <abythell at nortelnetworks.com>
   Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:05:12 -0400

   I use a tool to program flash parts and debug via BDM.  It accepts IEEE695
   objects.  RTEMS patches Binutils to add IEEE-target support to
   m68k-rtems-objcopy.   Therefore, by using objcopy, one should be able to
   generate IEEE objects for use with my tool.  Fine.

   The problem is that my flash programmer fails to recognize the file as IEEE.
   This leads me to wonder:  are there other IEEE standards for objects, and if
   so, what kind does m68k-rtems-objcopy produce?  Is it possible to patch
   objcopy to make IEEE695 objects?

There is only one IEEE object file format, which is IEEE-695.  That is
the format of the files that objcopy generates.

Does your flash programmer provide any information as to why the
IEEE-695 file is not recognized?  Which version of the GNU binutils
are you using?  What operation are you doing to produce a IEEE-695
file?  Do you have any other tools that expect IEEE-695 files as
input, and what do they say?

Ian