C library info

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Ryan Bedwell wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I've been looking around trying to get more familiar with the C library
> for RTEMS.  From what I understand, the C library is based off of
> Cygnus' Newlib.  Are there some documents that I can get my hands on
> which give info on the RTEMS port of Newlib (i.e. what functions are
> available, syntax, etc).  I've got the Excellent document "RTEMS C
> User's Guide", but this does not cover the standard C library.  I've
> also got the GNU C library manual (800 pages), and the Newlib source
> code, but these seem to be usefull only ancilliarly.  I can always plow
> through the code to find this information out, but I thought I'd ask
> here first.

AFAIK RTEMS supports every routine in newlib and much more when
--enable-posix is enabled. Newlib has its own documentation that is
included in the newlib source tree.  Cygnus has the documentation for this
online at http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/ under the section "GNUPro
Libraries."

Jake is right though.  If the functionality is included, it is standards
compliant and man pages from any UNIX box work.  printf() is printf() no
matter where you are. :)