C library info

   Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:04:25 -0500
   From: "Ryan Bedwell" <ra9407 at email.sps.mot.com>

   I've been looking around trying to get more familiar with the C library
   for RTEMS.  From what I understand, the C library is based off of
   Cygnus' Newlib.  Are there some documents that I can get my hands on
   which give info on the RTEMS port of Newlib (i.e. what functions are
   available, syntax, etc).  I've got the Excellent document "RTEMS C
   User's Guide", but this does not cover the standard C library.  I've
   also got the GNU C library manual (800 pages), and the Newlib source
   code, but these seem to be usefull only ancilliarly.  I can always plow
   through the code to find this information out, but I thought I'd ask
   here first.

If you run ``make info'' in a configured newlib directory, you will
get a libc.info documentation file.  You can read it with Emacs, or
with the info program which is part of the texinfo package, or you can
just read it directly--it's not far from plain text.

Ian