RTEMS and tools on CD-ROM

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 joel at oarcorp.com wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Stephan Wilms wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know wether it would be possible to obtain RTEMS and
> > all RTEMS developemen tools (mostly GNU tools as I understand it
> > on a CD-ROM ? We would really prefer a comprehensive distribution
> > to start with, if one is available.

Is a CD-ROM the only possibility to get a comprehensive distribution? I
think the main problem is: how can I get my toolchain running in short
time. If I'm willing to pay 10 or 20 $ for such a CD, I would also be
willing to pay that money to get access to a prebuild binary for my
host/target combination. All host /target combinations would not fit onto
on CD-ROM, but how about a payable area (like the support-area) where I
can fetch my prebuild/documentation (IMO HTML/PDF is best)  for money if
i'm not willing to invest in the time compiling it myself?

Gerwin Pfab