MPC8xx BDM modules and gdb

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Christian Haan wrote:

> > I have been asked about this and did not have a quick answer.  Could
> > someone enlighten me?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --joel
> > Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research & Development
> > joel at OARcorp.com                 On-Line Applications Research
> > Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
> >    Support Available             (256) 722-9985
> >

> I've written a BDM version which works for a slightly changed ICD BDM module
> (because of changes in the BDM interface on the PowerPC).
> It probably will work with the PD module too.
>
> For better speed I've written a kernel module for FreeBSD which transfers the
> data with up to 130 kBit/s.
>
> This driver is based on the works of Gunter Margin (M68K BDM) and
> Sergey Drazhnikov (PPC BDM for Linux).
>
> It's all still a little bit buggy - but if you are interested ...

I am collecting information and I think the person asking is using Linux
not FreeBSD so will probably pass on the offer.  But do you have a URL for
Gunter's and Sergey's work that I can include in the FAQ?

What about URLs for the hardware interfaces?

Thanks.  I think I am going ot be able to post a first draft of the
information later today that folks can comment on.

--joel