RTEMS performance

Hi,

When I get information about a RTOS some characteristic times
are usually given to me. These times represent the performance of the
system.
(Interrupt Latency, Context Switch Times, ....)

These times are usually machine dependent. My question is these times
are obtained through an experimental set-up or are based in the RTOS
knowledge and the instruction execution times of the
target machine.

Which are the times for RTEMS 4.0 on a Pentium-II PC ?

If they are based on an experimental set-up I would like to get
information
or pointers to the description of the methodology, Is the methodology
standard or it is adhoc for each system ?

Best Regards,

Ramon