Workspace location (vote)

As valid as any generalisation can be, my 'vote' is that the workspace stay
located seperately from the heap. Setting it  at the opposite end
to the heap with the stack between is a good start. While I could be
considered paranoid I do not have a lot of faith in using dynamic memory
allocation (malloc/free) as emperical evidence shows it is a major cause
of software failure, if a task is going to miscalculate a pointer then
I want it to be as statistically low as possible to write to kernel data
structures.
Debugging programs on custom hardware without a MMU is much more
difficult if the kernel is crashed by a miscreant task.