A20 delay

   Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 00:40:42 -0500 (EST)
   From: Quality Quorum <qqi at world.std.com>

   > I did find this case:
   >
   > 	ljmpl	$0x08, $1f
   > 1:
   >
   > This is not a branch instruction.  In gas syntax, the two operand ljmp
   > instruction takes an immediate operand.  $1f is an immediate operand
   > referring to the label 1f.

   Wow, how lucky I am that I only occasinally have to do this stuff.
   BTW, is it documented somewhere ? I would be able to fiure it
   out on my own in year.

Forward and backward labels are documented in the gas manual.  I don't
think dollar labels are documented.

The use of $ as an immediate prefix in i386 code, and the way to use
the ljmpl instruction with gas, is documented in the gas manual, in
the i386 specific section on the AT&T syntax implemented by gas.

It's hard to know where to look, though.

Ian