Alignment pc386

Udo Reuther wrote:

>  Hi!
>
> Is it possible to compile rtems using an alignment on dword-boundaries
> for all data ?

Yes.

> If yes: How ?

Simply change the setting of CPU_CFLAGS in the custom/pc386.cfg
file since that is the BSP you are using.

If you want to impact malloc'ed data and task stacks, change
the setting of CPU_ALIGNMENT in
c/src/exec/score/cpu/i386/rtems/score/cpu.h
and recompile EVERYTHING!!!

> Will it run (BSP pc386) ?

Can't prove it without trying it but I don't see any reason why it
would not.  The best case is that it would speed up some items.