BDM M68K FAQ Entry

I think I have finally collected all of the m68k BDM information into a FAQ
entry.  Gunter Magin sent me a great history of gdb bdm support for the m68k.
I ended up only making passing references to the history.
If there is anything I need to change, feel free to tell me.

MC683xx BDM Support for GDB
===========================

Eric Norum (eric at skatter.usask.ca) has a driver for a parallel port
interface to a BDM module.  This driver has a long history and is based
on a driver by Gunter Magin (gunter at skil.camelot.de) which in turn was
based on BD32 for DOS by Scott Howard.  Eric Norum and Chris Johns
(ccj at acm.org) have put together a package containing everything you
need to use this BDM driver including software, PCB layouts, and
machining drawings.  From the README:

"This package contains everything you need to be able to run GDB on
Linux and control a Motorola CPU32+ (68360) or Coldfire (5206, 5206e, or
5207) target through a standard PC parallel port."

Information on this BDM driver is available at the following URL:

http://www.calm.hw.ac.uk/davidf/coldfire/gdb-bdm-linux.htm.

Peter Shoebridge (peter at zeecube.com) has ported the Linux parallel port
BDM driver from Eric Norum to Windows NT.  It is available at
http://www.zeecube.com/bdm.

The efi332 project has a home-built BDM module and gdb driver for
Linux.  See http://egi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/efi332/hardware.html) for
details.

Pavel Pisa (pisa at cmp.felk.cvut.cz) has one available at
http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/~pisa/m683xx/bdm_driver.html.

Huntsville Microsystems (HMI) has GDB support for their BDM module
available upon request.  It is also available from their ftp site:
ftp://ftp.hmi.com/pub/gdb

The Macraigor OCD BDM module has a driver for Linux written by Gunter
Magin (Gunter.Magin at skil.camelot.de).  No URLs yet.

Information in this section from:

   * Brendan Simon <brendan at dgs.monash.edu.au>

   * W Gerald Hicks <wghicks at bellsouth.net>